Find out FiOS Installation status
jeffrey47

I live in Newbury Park, CA (91320).  Fiber was run in the street in front of my house 6 months ago.  I still can't find out when we will be able to order installation.  Any thoughts on who to get with?  Have tried the local Verizon FiOS store but they are of no help.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Find out FiOS Installation status
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Took almost a year after the panels were put in for me to get FiOS ... Are you sure you have fiber, or maybe just the panels?  They had to come arond and actually pull fiber into the holes in my neighborhood -- and that was about 6 months apart from the panel installation (different crews, I guess, dig the holes versus pull the fiber) and then it got held up waiting for approval from the local township (they have their fingers in these things for "franchising fees", "permits", etc. -- they say that's to "protect" the people from bad companies, but we all know that it's really a legalized form of "kickbacks" for the priviledge of operating in the township). 

Anyhow ... it's a long shot, but you might try asking your local governing body what they know about any anticipated availability since they have to issue all the permits, etc.

0 Likes
Re: Find out FiOS Installation status
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Go here and enter your address.

https://www22.verizon.com/foryourhome/goflow/NationalBundles/BundleQualify.aspx

As soon as it is available for purchase it'll tell you. It wont tell you when, but it will tell you if.

Luckily in California, they dont have to wait for local approval. They have state wide approval and franchise licenses.

0 Likes