FIOS fiber run stops at the entrance to my neighborhood
Geester

The fiber run for FIOS stopped literally at the entrance to our neighborhood. It has been several months now and it doesn't seem like Verizon is too concerned about offering us FIOS services. When can we expect to be hooked up? We live in the Hollybrook neighborhood off of Penns Hill Rd. in La Plata, MD. Does a petition help in instances such as this? The people I have talked to in this neighborhood and in adjacent Hardship Plantation are pretty angry right now (myself included.) Thanks.

~David

0 Likes
Re: FIOS fiber run stops at the entrance to my neighborhood
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Hi, there could be many reasons the run stopped at your neighborhood. Including but certainly not limited to:  permits from the city to dig, need for equipment installation on the streets or in the central offices, logistical issues, contracts, budget constraints (yes, Smiley Wink even Verizon has budgets for projects), and the list goes on.

As to whether a petition would work or not is anyone's guess. It would definitely bring attention to the fact that a good portion of the neighborhood would be potential customers.  As to who you would present that petition to is questionable. 

Re: FIOS fiber run stops at the entrance to my neighborhood
prisaz
Legend

I know you said many people you know would like to have FIOS. Like  was said in other resonse to your post, there are many things that could cause delays. All I could say is, have as many people you know in your neighborhood inquire if it is available, and the ask to be notified when it is available. Can't say it will help speed things up, but just might if there are many many people that ask for it. I inquired every day for a few months about 4 or 5 years ago, and I think I was the first in my area. When you check and it says no, there is an option to be notified. I was not notified until two weeks after my order was installed. So you could say I was like a Beta. No other orders in my neighborhood were taken for about six months.

http://www22.verizon.com/residential/fiosinternet/

Also one other item I will mention. They may be waiting for a franchise agreement to provide TV. That could cause delays because without the TV offering, it will cut down on Verizon's ability to recover the cost of installation. When I signed up, TV was not available from Verizon, but I jumped on it as soon as it was.

0 Likes