Re: Netflix suddenly not working on wifi
jmelchio
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still not working, both NetFlix and Verizon say it's the other party. Does anybody else find it suspicious that Verizon is trying to sell a new way to access Netflix that requires upgraded service, and ironically the old way no longer works?

jonjones1
Legend

Here is a thought. I can access Netflix and YouTube and Amazon prime, Acorn tv, britbox, etc. with no issues. However to be fair I don’t use Fios tv. So I don’t access through their stb.

i use Apple TV 4th Generation, Roku, UHD 4K tvs, Blu Ray players and can watch all of the streaming services. We have DirectTVNOW through these devices without issue.

can it be a Netflix issue? If you want to find out for sure try and use one of the methods I list above. If you can access the streams with no problem then it’s fios tv that is an issue. Did you try accessing the services through your computer hooked to the router via ethernet? Again if the services work that way then it’s a Fios tv issue.

0 Likes
Re: Netflix and Youtube not working
jonjones1
Legend

@JimW1 wrote:

Recurring problem where i lose connectivity to Netflix on smart tv AND new VZ channel 838 on all tvs,  AND to youtube on my phones inside the house. VZ support tried to resolve and failed, including sending me a new router, which had no effect.  The fact that i lose both simultaneously - and they temporarily and spontaneously were restored last week before happening again - indicates that it is a VZ problem.  Hate paying VZ full fare while not being able to watch my favorite channel.  Frustrating!  

Well you are discussing two different connections. WiFi and direct connection I am assuming for the smart tv. If you are connected wireless to both, use a ethernet cable to the tv and use the supplied smart app to access those services. 

Additionally you can use the Roku device to connect on your tv to watch both streaming services and more. But my UHD 4K tv’s have the ability to access the services from the apps. But it must be hardwired and not under WiFi.

Don’t use the Fios set top box to access Netflix or any streaming service. Fios does not stream in UHD 4K so you are not getting the benefit of the services you use.

For the record I use those services and more via devices or apps with no issues.

0 Likes
jmelchio
Enthusiast - Level 1

It turns out it was a Verizon issue, even though I spent two hours on the phone with Verizon tech support hearing that it was not their issue. I was on verizon chat this morning, getting information on cancelling service. They connected me to support for a last chance effort to fix, and the online support rep fixed it by renewing my IP address and rebooting my main verizon box a few minutes later. I was told this was done earlier this week, so I'm not sure why it worked this time, but it worked.

0 Likes
ddsewickly

Its a verizon issue for sure. When I test with my mobile with connrection to t-mobile 4g, netflix did work. When I am on wifi or wired netflix is not working. seems like verizon is blocking netflix somewhere. this is the second time i am facing this issue in this month.

0 Likes
Netflixwontwork

I am having similar issue in Pittsburgh-North Hills area. Netflix doesn’t launch.  If I use a mobile carrier I can launch then I will toggle over to Fios WiFi with no issues.  

It’s a Fios launching issue.   Verzion tech is researching.  Anyone have solution?

0 Likes
Re: Fios Issues with Watching Netflix and Youtube - FIXED!!
menchyk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having this issue as well in the Pittsburgh area.  Here is what worked for me

I had a feeling it had something to do with the IP block. They pushed a new IP address and it was in the same IP block as the old one.. 74.111.114.xxx.

After dealing with support 3 times and several hours later I was unable able to solve the issue. I started exploring settings on my own.

Here is what I found... Releasing the DHCP lease on the router will release the old IP address. It should then it pick up a new IP address.  I did this until I got an IP address outside of that IP block. I also temporarily disabled the firewall within the router.

I have a quantum router and these are the steps to relase DHCP

1. Log into your router at http://192.168.1.1
  2. Take note your IP address on the left side of the screen. You will need to compare it later in this process.
  3.  Click on the My Network icon at the top.
  4. Click Network Connections from the menu on the left.
  5. Click Broadband Connection
  6. Click Settings
  7. Scroll down and click Release under DHCP Lease
  8. Click Apply
  9. Click main at the top and then see if your IP address has changed.

Within that same settings area, toward the bottom is "Internet Connection Firewall"

1. Uncheck it, click apply
  2. Test Netflix to see if it started working
  3. Go back in and re-check that box and hit apply.

I have been dealin with this for 2 weeks and this JUST worked for me tonight.  Let me know if it works for you

ndrake1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried getting a new IP a few days ago and it didn't fix Netflix. I've just tried again, and the new IP address seems to have fixed things.  Thanks!

Just clicking Release/Renew didn't result in a new IP.  I released the IP, then turned off the Fios router for 5 minutes.  When I powered it back on, it picked up a new address.

liubing1020
Enthusiast - Level 2

@menchyk wrote:

I was having this issue as well in the Pittsburgh area.  Here is what worked for me

I had a feeling it had something to do with the IP block. They pushed a new IP address and it was in the same IP block as the old one.. 74.111.114.xxx.

After dealing with support 3 times and several hours later I was unable able to solve the issue. I started exploring settings on my own.

Here is what I found... Releasing the DHCP lease on the router will release the old IP address. It should then it pick up a new IP address.  I did this until I got an IP address outside of that IP block. I also temporarily disabled the firewall within the router.

I have a quantum router and these are the steps to relase DHCP

1. Log into your router at http://192.168.1.1
  2. Take note your IP address on the left side of the screen. You will need to compare it later in this process.
  3.  Click on the My Network icon at the top.
  4. Click Network Connections from the menu on the left.
  5. Click Broadband Connection
  6. Click Settings
  7. Scroll down and click Release under DHCP Lease
  8. Click Apply
  9. Click main at the top and then see if your IP address has changed.

Within that same settings area, toward the bottom is "Internet Connection Firewall"

1. Uncheck it, click apply
  2. Test Netflix to see if it started working
  3. Go back in and re-check that box and hit apply.

I have been dealin with this for 2 weeks and this JUST worked for me tonight.  Let me know if it works for you

@Thanks a lot!! This works for me. As @ndrake pointed out, after release the DHCP lease, I turned off the router etc for quite a long time, until I got a new IP address. Then the netflix and youtube was back. 

0 Likes
Re: Fios Issues with Watching Netflix and Youtube
dfae
Enthusiast - Level 1

This issue is not resolved.  Everyone in my house is experiencing this problem. We are unable to watch Netflix and You Tube using our Verizon WiFi services.  We had a service call. The technician checked everything and gave us a new router/modem.  After checking everything he connected to our WiFi thru his own phone and had the some problems.

Verizon needs to take ownership to this problem and resolve it. Given the amount of money charged each month they should at least acknowledge their own issues and tell their customers they are working to resolve them