Fios mobile app doesn't work
Hawaiiexpat
I am on my home network wifi and upon launching the app, I see a note telling me to log into my home network to see all my channels. Grr. So I delete and reload the app on my iPad again and I get the same problem. I ultimately cannot get the app to figure out that I'm on my home network.

Notes to tech support get answered with canned responses that have nothing to do with my issue and requests for additional support to unanswered .

Frustrated a whole lot. Thanks for nothing Verizon.
0 Likes
Re: Fios mobile app doesn't work
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Hawaiiexpat wrote:
I am on my home network wifi and upon launching the app, I see a note telling me to log into my home network to see all my channels. Grr. So I delete and reload the app on my iPad again and I get the same problem. I ultimately cannot get the app to figure out that I'm on my home network.

Notes to tech support get answered with canned responses that have nothing to do with my issue and requests for additional support to unanswered .

Frustrated a whole lot. Thanks for nothing Verizon.

Do you have multiple access points on your home network?

My home network has several subnets with wifi access points on each that are below the Verizon subnet.  I found that the app can't find the STB's unless I connect to the access point on the Verizon router - useless to me as that is in the basement and unreachable from most of the house.  Makes no sense to me as from any of the lower subnets I should be able to access any devices on the top level, I just figure the Verizon apps can't handle multi hops.

hkyee

I've been having the same issue on my iPads.  Keep getting "Connect to your in home FiOS WiFi network for more channels!" but I attach directly to the Verizon router.  I tried reinstalling the app multiple times.  I wonder if this has something to do with recent changes to my account but the app works fine on my android and my Samsung TV where I see lots more channels.  Anyone has any suggestions?

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

JUST CHECKED OUT QUITE A FEW LIVE TV CHANNELS ...NO PROBLEMS 

RUNNING

Fios Mobile App.  Ver. 2.0.8000

Fips Code           34   003       NJ   Bergen County

iPad 2   iOS 7.0.4

Wirelessly connected to M1424-WR  Rev. F

with WPA2 Security

Hope this helps .

Please Post if you get things resolved.

73's for now.

RaptorElk

Have you had any luck with this?  I've had the same problem since switching to FiOS, and haven't been able to get anything but a canned response. I can watch a small selection of channels, but not all of the ones that I subscribe to.  It shows the message "Connect to your in home FiOS WiFi network for more channels!" which I am, since it is a WiFi only iPad. 

It's pretty frustrating since I was able watch on-demand movies on my iPad with the Xfinity app with zero troubleshooting, and this one only let's you watch live TV and it doesn't even work correctly.  I'm beginning to regret switching from Comcast.

0 Likes
VUser50
Contributor - Level 2

Try calling support. W/ my xbox I had a similar issue and I think they just needed to reset the ip set to yours in the database. My impression was that it is all determined by your external IP.

0 Likes