Fios Router G3100: WAN Ethernet and COAX lights not illuminated.
BB202
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Community,

I recently had the Fios gigabyte connection installed with the G3100 router.

I noticed the WAN Ethernet and COAX lights are not illuminated on the back of the router.  They only seem to light on initial installation and subsequent reboots; after a few minutes they turn off; ONT lights are all green.

I seem to have service but I am not sure if the lights should remain illuminated on the back of the router.

I contacted Verizon support and they mentioned there was a common issue with the G3100 router; they sent a new router to replace it.  Upon swapping it out the same issues were yielded (lights were not on).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Router G3100: WAN Ethernet and COAX lights not illuminated.
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

G3100 ‘s firmware is designed to turn off rear LEDs after 15 minutes. G3100 do have other firmware issues, but this is a design choice rather than an issue.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

G3100 ‘s firmware is designed to turn off rear LEDs after 15 minutes. G3100 do have other firmware issues, but this is a design choice rather than an issue.

BB202
Enthusiast - Level 1

Many thanks for the explanation and confirmation.

Are there any specific firmware issues that I should be concerned with?

sieges

To the person who gave the answer regarding the port lights going out on the new Fios Router after 15 minutes, you should get free service 😊. There should be a removable sticker on the tower, that states that. 

I have been disconnecting my router more than needed because I naturally thought that something was wrong...

Just curious...how did YOU find out about that super-secret ?

Cheers,

Sieges

New Jersey

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes