FIOS Router log in
cando123
Enthusiast - Level 1

For some reason i can't log in to my router. I have tryed to reset back to default . use the log in password on the back. log on to 192.168.1.1  Read  the book that Verizon gave me. Still does not work. I located the default login password on the bottom of the router type that in and still does not work. in the book it says 'The Login screen appears. In the user name field enter "edmin". In the password field, enter the value found on the lable" still does not work. Reset the router on the back. Used a small pin  to perss in the button on the back. CAN SOME ONE HELP, I have done everything.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS Router log in
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the router turned on press the small button with something like the end of a paper clip, hold it pressed for a bout 10 seconds and then release it.  You should then see it reset, all the lights will reset and thne gradually come back on.

View solution in original post

Det_Titan
Enthusiast - Level 2
Did you type "edmin" or "admin"? That may be your problem right there. try "admin".
0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the router turned on press the small button with something like the end of a paper clip, hold it pressed for a bout 10 seconds and then release it.  You should then see it reset, all the lights will reset and thne gradually come back on.

cando123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Smiley Very HappyThank You so much. It work. Was not holding it in for 10 sec. It went back to defalt.

0 Likes
tom4342

My router is a m1424wr i bought a streaming music player for my blackberry playbook its asking for ip address port and password i rtyed logging into the router to gather that info but cant seem to login every combo i can remember doesnt work. Is your user name your email address?

0 Likes
tom4342

I also notice when i try to type in anything one keystroke turns into 3 or 4 or 6 **bleep**?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tom4342 wrote:

My router is a m1424wr i bought a streaming music player for my blackberry playbook its asking for ip address port and password i rtyed logging into the router to gather that info but cant seem to login every combo i can remember doesnt work. Is your user name your email address?

the user name is admin.  The password  if it's a rev I is on the label on the back of the router.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tom4342 wrote:

I also notice when i try to type in anything one keystroke turns into 3 or 4 or 6 **bleep**?

Just ignore the extra asterisks.  They are meant to be a security measure and are totally meaningless.  so long as you type the correct password it will work.

0 Likes