Fios Setup, Terrible Experience
FiosSetupIssue2

I’m making this post in frustration based on my absolutely abysmal Verizon experience over the past 24 hours. 

I was scheduled for my Fios installation yesterday Sunday (7/24) between 1-3pm. This was created over the phone last week, and I received all confirmation emails and texts (to which I confirmed appointment each time). 3pm comes and goes with no sign of my Fios technician, so I begin to contact Verizon support looking for an update. Considering there is no dedicated call line for Fios, just the 800-VERIZON number, I was given the runaround for hours and hours with exactly zero further information regarding my scheduled appointment.

After hours of holding, being transferred from department to department, and automated answering systems, I get told around 8pm that dispatch cannot be reached and to try again Monday (today). 

Considering I work from home and had scheduled the appointment accordingly to avoid any downtime, I figured it would at least be an easy fix this morning. Well, after an hour and a half on the phone today, I am finally told that the appointment should never have been scheduled for yesterday (as there were no technicians in the area?) and to reschedule for tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday). The entire fiasco was due to a system scheduling error. That’s it. 

It took almost a full 20 hours after my original scheduled appointment time to be told “sorry, reschedule for Tuesday.” It was absolutely impossible to get this information through any channel yesterday while I waited at my house for the installation until 9pm. I was offered zero additional recourse, even simply scheduling priority for today so that I can work my job (which will now be further hampered by rescheduling to tomorrow). The entire experience has been exhausting, and I am beyond disappointed with the customer service I have received. 

0 Likes
Re: Fios Setup, Terrible Experience
FiosSetupIssue2

And now all of a sudden I receive an email saying my appointment has been changed to July 30th? What on earth is going on? 

0 Likes
Re: Fios Setup, Terrible Experience
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi FiosSetupIssue2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes