FIOS Skipped my block?
Mannote
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hello, I am new to the forums. I decided to join because I have a question about FIOS service.<br>Let me start by saying I have Time Warner Cable as my Internet, phone, and TV provider. I should also say that they are TERRIBLE. They are unreliable and terribly and overpriced. I have been stuck with them for many years and I planned to switch to FIOS as soon as they moved to my neighborhood. You could imagine my excitement when I finally started seeing FIOS trucks and construction being done in my area!<br>But as it turns out, they skipped a couple of blocks including mine and kept building down. Why were we skipped?! I have signed up to be notified of them about ANYTHING FIOS related in our area. I have waited forever and as my luck turns out, I waited just to get skipped.<br>The rumor is they skipped our block because our telephone wires are in the back of our house. This seems to be true because everyone else who has it has their telephone wiring in the front of their home. It really sucks to see FIOS literally 3 houses down but be stuck with Time Warner.<br>My question is, does anyone know if they always skip houses with wires in the back? Do they need some type of permission? An extra fee that I can pay? Do they ever plan on coming to this block?<br>What I'm paying for time Warner's 30mbps is even more than the 75mps package with FIOS. I can no longer deal with these time Warner crooks. Does anyone have any info? Thank you in advance for any help.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS Skipped my block?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn't normally skip areas based on where the wiring is located. If anything they'd be more likely to skip places with underground wiring, since those areas have more of an initial cost to them to wire up, and take longer to do. This holds true especially if conduit needs to be installed.

Just like the power company, Verizon should have an easement in areas with poles in the backyard. This gives them the right to perform maintenance and run new lines on the poles. If they bypassed you, there's a chance that you could be coming from another central office, or could be in what is defined as another town. That, or Verizon will get to you eventually, since they're doing the same in my area. There's some pockets without FiOS, that are starting to be wired up. That's to say, since the parts of my area that have FiOS all use wiring in the backyard, Verizon had no problems getting back there. They were able to work around fences in many cases if they had an issue.

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry, none of us users here have any info.

Verizon keeps info on FiOS rollouts internal until they are ready to sell service.

Good Luck.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn't normally skip areas based on where the wiring is located. If anything they'd be more likely to skip places with underground wiring, since those areas have more of an initial cost to them to wire up, and take longer to do. This holds true especially if conduit needs to be installed.

Just like the power company, Verizon should have an easement in areas with poles in the backyard. This gives them the right to perform maintenance and run new lines on the poles. If they bypassed you, there's a chance that you could be coming from another central office, or could be in what is defined as another town. That, or Verizon will get to you eventually, since they're doing the same in my area. There's some pockets without FiOS, that are starting to be wired up. That's to say, since the parts of my area that have FiOS all use wiring in the backyard, Verizon had no problems getting back there. They were able to work around fences in many cases if they had an issue.

JZ_BKLYN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was this ever resolved for you?  I too am in the same position, stuck in purgatory with Time Warner Cable.

I'm willing to sell my soul to get FiOS, am considering hiring a PR firm to get their attention.

Many thanks for any input you may have.

0 Likes