Full outage - Fios
PG23
Enthusiast - Level 2

All was fine earlier and later yesterday evening my iphone claimed no internet. 

looked at Fios gigabit router and light is yellow. No wan port activity either. Rebooted, same issue. 

opened the ont case outside and there is no activity on the rj45 port and only the power light is on. 

the power supply (non BBU) light is green. Unplugged and plugged in, but no change to ont outside and router inside also still shows no wan port activity. 

fully down - no internet, no tv. Vz has a tech coming out Tuesday. 

what could this be? Ont is shot??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Full outage - Fios
PG23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called Fios back on Jul 3 and a tech was able to come out and they confirmed the ONT outside was shot and they had me up and running in about an hour. 

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd say so. Sounds like the ONT died. You already did the troubleshooting for the ONT by power cycling it. Other lights like Network. Management, and Data should be lit. 

PG23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok thanks. Crappy timing for this thing to crap out.  None of those lights are on…just the power light. 

0 Likes
PG23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called Fios back on Jul 3 and a tech was able to come out and they confirmed the ONT outside was shot and they had me up and running in about an hour. 

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thank you for the update. 🙂

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes