G1100, Fios One TV, Nest WiFi: How to get it connected?
ProclaimedITguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

So after a few years of using the Google WiFi, now Nest Wifi as my primary with the G1100 router as a bridge for whatever i may need it for and was working pretty much flawlessly. Now that I upgraded my old STB to the newer Fios One TV boxes, i cant get it to work. 

Reset the G1100 to factory and was able to connect to internet and double NAT-ing not a big deal for me. Fios One can connect to server, do the Moca test, connect to router, but once it tries to download the software, i get an error 2202.

Phone connected to the G1100 network could go online. Set G1100 IP to home IP, Disable DHCP and enable DHCP. Still no dice. 

connections is : ONT CAT6-Nest WiFi-switch-g1100 

Fios one connection: ONT COAX- splitter- 1) FIOS One box 2) G1100 Coax

Tried: ONT CAT6 - G1100 as well, but no go. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G1100, Fios One TV, Nest WiFi: How to get it connected?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

FiOS ONE boxes need a Verizon router as primary to activate.  My understanding is once activated, the Verizon router can be moved.  But it needs to be directly connected to the ONT for activation to occur.

If you remove the Nest WiFI, use only the G1100 and the FiOS one boxes still don't activate or work, contact Verizon support.

This may help, too:

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/14077

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

FiOS ONE boxes need a Verizon router as primary to activate.  My understanding is once activated, the Verizon router can be moved.  But it needs to be directly connected to the ONT for activation to occur.

If you remove the Nest WiFI, use only the G1100 and the FiOS one boxes still don't activate or work, contact Verizon support.

This may help, too:

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/14077

ProclaimedITguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yup. Figured as much. Made my G1100 router as primary and connected my Nest WiFi via Lan G1100 to the Nest WiFi WAN. Rebooted everything and managed to get everything setup flawlessly.