Re: G3100 web interface stops working - fixed by rebooting router
gburlingame1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for posting that info.  Unfortunately that appears to be another bug -- the symptom I'm encountering is different -- the web GUI works perfectly after a reboot, and then after some amount of time none of the web GUI loads -- it's like the web server has crashed completely. 

0 Likes
gburlingame1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's been 2 weeks since I replaced my original G3100 with the replacement G3100 that Verizon shipped me.  I can report that over that 2 week time period the web server has never become unresponsive.  The reported uptime is 338:01:13, which is just a little bit over 14 days.

I will continue to update this thread in case it helps others with a similar problem.

Here are my thoughts:

• Seems unlikely that the hardware is the root cause of the web server freeze, but stranger things have happened.
  • The web server freeze issue did not seem to occur with any observable regularity -- so maybe it will happen again given enough time.  I will continue to report on this thread.
  • Maybe a configuration change is somehow connected to this bug.  I'm only aware of two changes I made when setting up this second G3100:
    • Stuck with the default 192.168.1.x subnet instead of changing to 192.168.0.x
    • Set SON Wi-Fi Enabled to OFF -- this had been ON, but this time I decided to have different SSID's for 2.4GHz and 5GHz
0 Likes
gburlingame1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's now been about 5 weeks since I switched to the replacement G3100.  Over that time I have never once observed the web interface freezing.  At this point I believe enough time has past to confidently mark this issue as SOLVED. 

I have to recommend that if you are encountering this problem, push Verizon to exchange your G3100 like I did.  I don't really know if there is a HW problem with some G3100's, or a bug that only happens in some combination of steps or settings that some of us perhaps stumbled into unknowingly.  

In any event, getting a new G3100 appears to be the only solution at the moment.

I hope this helps.

Greg

P.S.  See my related post about port forwarding not working on the G3100 in case you are having trouble with that too.

EasierSaid
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same freezing GUI where I could not access network settings after they were set.  Then the green network lights would just go out randomly overtime.  Talked to router manufacturer today with Verizon support and they believe it has to do with the hardware version 1103.  They said it should be 1104.  They are re-shipping 1104 so I can see if that it the issue.

gburlingame1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi EasierSaid,

My replacement G3100 is still HW 1103, very interesting that they are sending you a newer HW revision -- HW 1104.

It sounds like you are having a slightly different problem.  I could connect to the GUI just fine for a long time, and then suddenly without any apparent reason, the GUI would no longer load when I wanted it to load.  It could take days or weeks for this to happen. It was very random, I never found anything that would make it happen.  FWIW, the replacement G3100 they shipped me has never had this problem.

Greg

0 Likes
luca2

I have this issue as well. WebUI stops loading and all the Ethernet LEDs go out. Everything still works fine though, WiFi is fine and things on the LAN are fine even though the Ethernet LEDs are out. Very weird issues indeed 

0 Likes
gburlingame1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Come to think of it, I never checked the Ethernet LED's when the WebUI stopped loading -- my router is mounted in the garage so it's not something I would have noticed.  It's possible my original G3100 did the same thing as you guys.

0 Likes
gburlingame1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@EasierSaid:  Just wondering if you received your replacement G3100 HW revision 1104.  Did it fix your problem?

0 Likes
danjng2020

@

Seems like yes...? 

I am going through the same issue. Sometimes I wonder if I got this person's router 😂

I'll try support at some point... 

0 Likes
danjng2020

@ 

From my research, the turning off of the LEDs is normal. After a set time (30 minutes?) the LEDs turn off. There is no setting at this point to disable that. If you press the button on front of the router, the LEDs will turn on again and show activity. My guess is that it was just to keep the flashing to a minimum if it was actually on someone's desk/shelf...

0 Likes