Given False Information by a Door-to-Door Salesman, and Customer Service Can't Help

Two months ago, one of the Verizon door-to-door salesmen convinced me to switch over to Verizon from my former carrier.  The price was within a few pennies, and altough I was happy with the service I had,  I was willing to give it a try because he said the speed would be faster.  I told him I would do it as long as there was a 30 day time period to cancel with no charges on my account if I was dissatisfied.  He said that Verizon had a "no worries guarantee" policy.  I asked three times if that meant that I could cancel within 30 days without being charged.  He answered, "yes."  

I wasn't satisified with the upgrade,  and found less expensive service with another carrier, so I cancelled within the 30 days.  However, the first customer service representative I spoke with evidently didn't cancel it because I haven't yet received a return kit yet and I'm still being charged for "current activity" on my most recent bill.  She told me to wait for the return kit and closing bill to call back to get the charges reversed.  I have received neither, so I called back today out of concern.  I spoke with another customer service representative and her supervisor today.  Both nice, but they told me my service ongoing but had been suspended for non-payment, and that the "no worries guarantee policy" would refund only the early cancellation fee, and that there was a minimum 1 month charge, so no pro-rating either.  Surprise!  That's four really nice people at Verizon who have either told me false information or informed me of yet another surprise charge that I was initially told I wouldn't owe.  I've heard the words "we've never done a free trial" plenty of times, and I understand that.  It would be nice if all the representatives were in agreement about that however, especially for a family on a single fixed income.  I asked for the manager's supervisor; she said she was going to write and email up the chain regarding the false information I was given, but that I would owe the money no matter the outcome.  She said I would need to go to the Verizon website to pursue a supervisor higher than herself.  Not helpful, since the Verizon website sends you back to the customer service line I called to get her.

This is the second time that I've tried switching to Verizon; the first time it took them a month and three phone calls from me to realize service wasn't available at my address; now this.  Is there anyone at Verizon willing to treat me fairly according to what is told me by your representatives?  Are you hoping to have a chance at winning me back as a customer in a year, or are you satisfied to simply try and collect the $126.33 that you are charging me via a false pretense?  I'm looking for a reason to give you another chance.  I'm hoping there is someone out there with a suggestion where to take this next.

0 Likes
Re: Given False Information by a Door-to-Door Salesman, and Customer Service Can't Help
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Given False Information by a Door-to-Door Salesman, and Customer Service Can't Help
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We've closed your private support case at this time, but should you require any additional assistance go ahead and create a new post.

Thanks,
Paul C.

0 Likes