Google WiFi Can't Get Internet Connection w/Fios
meck4671

After seamlessly using Google/Nest Wi-Fi w/Fios gigabit internet for 3 plus years, yesterday the system stopped working. My Nest Router sees internet coming in, but the network has no connectivity.  I am connected directly to the ONT via ethernet. I have tried restarting/unplugging/factory resetting the router, power cycling the ONT, switching the ethernet cable, all w/no success. A PC connected to the ONT has limited/no internet connection; after resetting the connection via the Fios app, there is a strong connection on the PC that quickly drops out.  All the lights on the ONT are green, but for whatever reason the Nest router isn't communicating w/it. I have also tried using a Google Wi-Fi puck as a router w/the same result.

I tried hooking up a Netgear Nighthawk AX6AX4300 to the ethernet cable & it is able to see the internet connection & the speeds in are appropriate (nearly a gigabit). However, the router is only broadcasting at top speeds of ~100 mbps right next to the router, which doesn't seem correct. 

I am truly stumped by this. Both routers see the internet connection coming in, but one cannot broadcast at all & the other at reduced speeds. It almost seems the data from the ONT is "encoded" somehow. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Google WiFi Can't Get Internet Connection w/Fios
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you mean by "seeing the Internet coming in?" Are you saying they have the link connection, but no network connection? Can you screenshot the status page?

0 Likes
lohiakamala

I have noticed the same Pattern over and over in last 6 months. I am computer engineer, reasonably well versed with commands and I know I will be perceived as I don't know what I am talking about. 

Verizon Router has Internet Connection  However my Nest Mesh Network does not have internet . My Google Nest is connected with wired cable to Verizon Router

I wish Google Nest Router had similar system and advanced settings.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!