Help with Smart Plugs
gradstudent2

A few weeks ago, I switched from Comcast to Verizon. Since that day, I have not been able to connect any of my smart plugs. I have a couple different brands, previously controlled by my alexa without issue. My roommate swears that the internet is compatible even though the plugs are 3.4 only. Any help would be appreciated! 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help with Smart Plugs
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to login to your router and turn off SON. 
Go to Wireless Settings/Advanced Security Settings/ Other Advanced Wireless Options/Self-Organizing Network Enabled and set to Off

You can also try using the My FiOS App. After you will start seeing the 5G network again. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It really depends on the smart plugs.

Have you gone through the procedure that you did during initial install?

Some use wifi (did SSID change) other connect direct to alex unit.

Best to go back to manual and start from scratch

0 Likes
KarenC111

I have the same issue but have had Verizon the entire time. These smart plugs connect at 2.4ghz and I allowed Verizon to merge my 2.4 and 5ghz networks recently into one. It may be trying to connect too fast. How can I force it 2.4 just to get the plugs connected and then go back? Thanks.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to login to your router and turn off SON. 
Go to Wireless Settings/Advanced Security Settings/ Other Advanced Wireless Options/Self-Organizing Network Enabled and set to Off

You can also try using the My FiOS App. After you will start seeing the 5G network again. 

0 Likes
Bevy11

Thank you.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes