Home network down: Internet works - can't ping computers
tripower

I am on Verizon's router only. My home network has zero connectivity. Ping tests from the Verizon router to my computers fail, ping test from computer to computer fail. Internet is just fine. ipconfig shows default gateway and dns server pointing to the Verizon router. What gives and how do I fix?

0 Likes
Re: Home network down: Internet works - can't ping computers
Karl_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Have you tried doing anything with the router to try and fix the issue?  You can always start by power cycling the router ... simply turn it off for a minute, let it sit for another minute and then turn it back on.  Allow time for the router to boot, restart your computers and try again.  If that doesn't work, there is a reset button on the back of the router that can be pressed down for thirty seconds while the router is powered on.  This will clear out any setting changes or software errors that are on the router.  Again, once the router comes back up from a reset you will have to restart your computers and test again. 

If you're still having issues after trying those two steps, please let us know.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Home network down: Internet works - can't ping computers
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be worthwhile to double check the Firewalls on your PCs to ensure they are not set to use a "Public" or "Untrusted" network. Setting the firewalls on each PC to run as a Home Network may be the solution you're looking for.

0 Likes