Home Network Protection settings missing
Tomf07

Hello, at home my family has the G3100 router. We would like to disable the HNP as it is redundant because we all have anti-virus installed on all the machines. When I went to look up where the HNP setting was none of the guides are up-to-date.

1. The settings are not in the main accounts "Accounts and Security" settings.
  2. There is no "home network" option under the internet option in the Verizon Fios app.
  3. My G3100 firmware is up-to-date.
    I am very computer literate and I feel as though the option to disable the Mcafee HNP is removed. I hope I am wrong. 
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Home Network Protection settings missing
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

The user was helped through support who manually disabled HNP from backend.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

The user was helped through support who manually disabled HNP from backend.

0 Likes
Pyrep
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey I've been experiencing the same issue as OP and was forwarded this post by one of your social media reps. Is there anything you can do to help?

To reiterate, the basic issue is that a) legitimate websites are being blocked with un-bypassable malware warnings, with a Verizon/McAfee-branded page mentioning HNP. b) trying to change HNP settings in the FIOS app as mention in the support pages results in the error message "HNP is not activated on your account". From my perspective this is clearly a configuration issue on your guys' end that probably arose after I was sent a replacement router... but I've had a heck of a time finding anyone at Verizon or even McAfee who can do something about it.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I know the Home Network Protection does have some problems. Do you need to use some of its features? If not, I can request support to disable it from backend.

0 Likes
nursecam

help! i am having same problem and have spent over 8 hours on phone and chats trying to deal with it. been bounced around between various verizon tech supports and mcafee tech support, each pointing their finngers at each other  - what do I do?

0 Likes