How can I disable the cloud management access to the G3100?
IMTheNachoManVZ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

From what I can see, I can access my G3100 configuration from the internet, and so can Verizon employees.

How can I disable it? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I disable the cloud management access to the G3100?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Router's GUI admin page can be made available on the WAN interface through the advanced menu.  If it's on, you should turn it off.  It's under "remote access."

As far as the ability for Verizon's system to access WiFi settings, push firmware updates, and allow support to reset the router; that can't be disabled.   It is done over a secure channel totally within the Verizon network.  Look up TR-069 if you want more info.

If you really don't want this access, you'll need to switch to a non-Verizon router.  Note that if you have Verizon set-top-boxes, this will likely cause problems with some or all of there features.

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Router's GUI admin page can be made available on the WAN interface through the advanced menu.  If it's on, you should turn it off.  It's under "remote access."

As far as the ability for Verizon's system to access WiFi settings, push firmware updates, and allow support to reset the router; that can't be disabled.   It is done over a secure channel totally within the Verizon network.  Look up TR-069 if you want more info.

If you really don't want this access, you'll need to switch to a non-Verizon router.  Note that if you have Verizon set-top-boxes, this will likely cause problems with some or all of there features.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has strict security protocols on TR-069 access. Employees are only allowed to access a customer’s router when they are actively assisting a customer.