I cannot connect to the Internet after installation of Windows Vista Ultimate edition.
Milesmeloro

I cannot connect to the Internet after installation of Windows Vista Ultimate edition. For some odd reason, it seems my ethernet has not yet been installed to my operating system and I do not know how to do that even with the internet, I have the LAN cable hooked up to my computer but I do not know exactly what to do about it. Is there some sort of driver I need to install, or what? How do I do that without the internet?

This operating system is on a separate partition to my other operating system that is connected to internet already (Windows Vista Premium) that I do not wish to use anymore because of it's corruption. I tell you this because you may know a way of finding the driver files on my previous operating system that I may be able to transfer to the other.

Message Edited by Milesmeloro on 03-28-2009 08:31 PM
0 Likes
Re: I cannot connect to the Internet after installation of Windows Vista Ultimate edition.
MoopMeep
Enthusiast - Level 3
I would go to control panel -> System and maintenance -> System -> Device Manager then then look to see if any question marks come up for any of the hardware. You should also have a group that says 'network adapter'. You can see here if a driver was installed for the device. If it has a question mark then that usually means a driver wasn't installed.
0 Likes
Re: I cannot connect to the Internet after installation of Windows Vista Ultimate edition.
Arun3
You might find the drivers for your ethernet card on the system CD that came with your PC, try that.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
The drivers fron your previous operating system probably will not work with Vista, and if you have Vista Premium 64-bit then I am sure they are different. I would boot the other OS and go to the Motherboard or PC manufacture's web site and look for the network driver for Vista 32-bit or Vista 64-bit depending on what version you are running. It could be that the system does not have drivers available for your motherboard in the computer. If that is the case you will need to get a network interface card that will run with Vista. I have not seen Vista load on a PC and not find the network interface if it is compatible.
0 Likes