I have Fios Internet only but i cannot reach Gigabit speeds with my own Netgear Nighthawk router
Chefdawg76

I recently activated my 1GB internet using the G3100 Verizon router which reaches 835DL/940UL speeds.  Since I have Fios Internet only, i read that i can use any router withFios Internet.  I've tried using Netgear R7000 and R7800 separately but can only obtain 250DL/150UL speeds.  I released the G3100 lease and was able to connect my Nighthawk but just can't get the Gigabit speeds I used to get with Xfinity.  Is there an extra step I'm missing or should i just keep settling with the G3100?  It's not that big a deal but the range on the G3100 is terrible in my house compared to former routers.  Thanks in advance for any responses.

0 Likes
Re: I have Fios Internet only but i cannot reach Gigabit speeds with my own Netgear Nighthawk router
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably something is going on with the QoS feature inside the NetGear router. NetGear is known to advertise QoS for packet prioritization. Then the saying goes: why do you need prioritization if you are competent to handle large workloads?

0 Likes