Intermitent severe packet loss on FIOS
PhlFIOS

For about 2 weeks now I'm experiencing intermittent outages several times per day lasting from 5 to 20 minutes. Packet loss reaches 90%+ and packets that do get through are several seconds round trip.

The slowness is more concentrated in the 9-5 time window. Tech support sent a reset, but that didn't solve anything, not surprisingly. Tech support refuses to acknowledge that the problem is upstream. From my end this problem makes working from home impossible, as VOIP and everything else drops.

The problem would be difficult to replicate if a tech came out, as it only happens once every few hours.

What is my recourse now? I somehow need to reach a higher level of support that can actually troubleshoot.

0 Likes
Re: Intermitent severe packet loss on FIOS
dwright1542
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've got numerous business clients that have been seeing this, especially to google network sites.  this is from Virginia to Jerseym concentrated in the Wilmington, DE area.

I have both Comcast and FIOS, and switching to Comcast solves the problem.  These are with Cisco / Sonicwall routers, and it's clearly a backbone level problem between Verizon and whomever.

Tier1 is useless. and Tier2 is impossible to get to.

I'm in the same boat.