Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Intermittent Internet drop's

EarlEEE
Contributor
Contributor

Intermittent Internet drop's

Message 1 of 2
(4,704 Views)

Having an issue with my Internet going away, not physically but logically.  I have 20/5 with a DGL-4300 (yes I have had service that long), I can go for 5 days or 6 hours between issues.  Basically when I logon to my DLink I see the FiOS PPTP connection is still up, but I can not ping beyond my gateway and websites fail.  I am connected both wired and wireless and the issue appears on both, I also realize that over the last week or so Verizon has been performing some upgrades in the area, I am hoping that this is the cause of the upgrade and therefore I will not be seeing this any longer...

What prompted me to post here is that on Sunday (2nd of Feb) I dropped out 3 times and once was for an extended period of time (I can usually just click disconnect and count to 5 then reconnect and all is good again), I was out for near 20 minutes.

1 REPLY 1
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Intermittent Internet drop's

Message 2 of 2
(4,690 Views)
#1 Go to Advanced -> Advanced Network.

Make sure UPnP in the router is turned off.

What is the router set to regarding pings? Enable WAN Ping Respond (yes/no)?

#2 Go to Basic -> Network Settings. What is the Starting and Ending IP address(es)?

#3 Since this is a wireless router, do you have any sort of wireless security set up (WEP/WPA)?
Message Edited by dslr595148 on 02-04-2009 02:26 PM

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title