Internet connection is dropping constantly - technical support useless so far
Eugened

I have Verison for about 30 days and very unhappy with internet connection. speed is perfect but this connection get lost constantly. Once per hour or so. Interrupted games, video feeds, dropped calls with voip, e.t.c. And this is on wired line!

Never had issues with cable.

Talk several times to tech support - they tested, send me new router and I am still having the  issue. I also tried my own router together with verizon, did not help much.

I read several post about it and probably spent more time that it worth  for me.

I am one of the first verizon Fios customer on my block, because the service became available very recently. 

Thinking of canceling Verizon service before 30 days of contract. Othervise it would be kind of joke if verizon charge me early termination fee for bad service. 

Does anybody had simular issue and how it was resolved?

0 Likes
Re: Internet connection is dropping constantly - technical support useless so far
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you connected to the router using Wi-Fi or a Wired connection? Are other devices seeing issues, and if you have TV service with the router connected via Coaxial to the ONT, are you seeing pixelation on any TV stations?

0 Likes
Re: Internet connection is dropping constantly - technical support useless so far
Eugened

I do have Linksys router for my phone service via TMobile. It is on different ip.

I have disconnected it as well for now to see if there is any interference from this device. No pixelation on TV, or maybe I did not notice it yet. 

I have both - wired and wireless. Happens on wired and wireless as well.

0 Likes
supernet2
Enthusiast - Level 3

This use to happen to me, i had to much bandwith traffic going on as i was putting out maximum throughput when i was hosting my home server, and a gaming server (this resulted in me repetitively getting kicked out of ps3 game rooms which i was defined as a host just because my connection was best).

Try seeing whats drawing the most bandwith, or heck remove it altogether, and then use just data, and see if it messes up, then from their you can pinpoint where the real issue is (bad modem/router, bad coax line) or if its one of your other devices (ex: Tv, phone) thats drawing data that is somehow affecting your speeds (or causing the drop outs). If this isn't the case, check your line that comes in, it maybe a direct connection but the possibility is that their is a minor break in the line (although if this were true chances are it wouldnt work AT ALL).

Perhaps theirs something interfearing with the COAX cable though, i'd check how it connects, or just for sake of argument, plugin the modem/router directly into/next to the FiOS unit just to see if that eliminates the issue altogether. Alota trouble shooting can go into this but... i'd suggest moving the router/modem and directly connecting it to the FiOS box where ever its installed. See if it still acts up, if not you have your answer, COAX issue somewhere.

0 Likes