Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Internet "Hiccuping"

joe_monk
Contributor
Contributor

Internet "Hiccuping"

Message 1 of 5
(1,120 Views)

I have FiOS internet (25/25), and usethe G1100 router. Internet speed is fine, but it will hiccup, and lose connectivity temporarily. This especially happens when I am using Skype or streamin on Hulu, but it also happens when I open links in new tabs. I have power cycled my router, but that has not fixxed the issue. Any solutions out there?

4 REPLIES 4
prnorris2
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Internet "Hiccuping"

Message 2 of 5
(1,112 Views)

I have been having the same problems, first with on demand TV, which I understand works on the internet connection and today while viewing a video on Yahoo news. I tried using chat support, it didn't help. I finally found the phone number for voice support and have been on hold for 20 minutes. I am getting tired of unpluging router to get a internet connection several time a day. Anyone have any ideas?

prnorris2
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(1,101 Views)

I got thur to a real person, after being on hold for 25 minutes, and in less than 5 minutes, they said that they need to send out service. I will let you know what they say after the come on Saturday.

joe_monk
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(1,012 Views)

Please let me know what they say/do. After 4 different chat sessions (and doing the same troubleshooting, and putting up with the same false helpfulness), I just started to demand they send out a tech, who is coming now on Monday.

joe_monk
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(919 Views)

The tech came out on Monday. He took a look at everything, but said thaty he could find nothign wrong. He did say that they have been experienceing issues in the Sterling, VA area (where I live), and that they were workign on that issue. Ultimately, there seems to be nothing to do until the problem is fixed. However, I did get billing to agree to credit me back all the money I am paying, from the time I reported the issue, to the time it is fixed, so at some point in the future I will get a big credit.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title