Issues with G3100
osmonxp2021

I have this issue that I need your advice with. Main router G3100, the signal is pretty good and it covers 65% of the house. I decided to purchase an extender to cover the other 35% but all clients prefer connecting to the G3100 instead of the E3200 even if I am standing right next to the extender. I lowered the transmit power from 100% to 50% and that helped a little bit but it looks like the extender duplicates the profile of the G3100 and it also lowered the transmit power to 50% so I am back right were I started. Is there a way to prevent the E3200 from copying all the setting from the main router?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues with G3100
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you disable the SON, E3200's wireless settings won't revert to factory default unless you manually reset the E3200. I would advise you to check the wireless settings on the E3200. Make sure it has the same wireless settings as the G3100.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@osmonxp2021 wrote:

Is there a way to prevent the E3200 from copying all the setting from the main router?

Sure, go to Wireless Settings, uncheck Enable Self Organizing Network (SON) on both the G3100 and the E3200.

According to the situation you are describing, it sounds like a wireless client issue rather than an access point issue. Modern devices should be able to steer from one access point to another when the latter access point has a better signal strength. This quasi-roaming feature can be impeded if the E3200 copies the wireless configuration from G3100 wrong or incompletely. You can remedy this issue by first disabling the SON, then manually configure E3200's wireless settings.

I hope this helps.

osmonxp2021

The SON was one of the first features I disabled so I don't think that's the problem.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you disable the SON, E3200's wireless settings won't revert to factory default unless you manually reset the E3200. I would advise you to check the wireless settings on the E3200. Make sure it has the same wireless settings as the G3100.