Issues with online move orders
Baobabs1

I had a pretty horrible customer service experience last night and am looking for advice. 

I'm moving at the end of the month and logged in last night to set up service in my new apartment. I logged into my account, went through the move process (50/50 best available, oh well), and submitted the order. At the end (after the order was submitted) it asked me to enter info to create a new account. I thought that was fishy, so I called. After over an hour and a half on the phone I found out they needed to cancel the order which registered as a new service order and submit a new move order. Fine. So I did that.

Here's the frustrating part. Becuase this order wasn't placed online, I was charged the $100 installation fee (which would have been waived) and was charged $50 a month more (admittedly for faster speeds, 75/75, I guess it was available?) for my service. This is absurd, since clearly Verizon's website prevented my online order from going through. I also lost out on $45 dollars a month worth of discounts I would have gotten through my online order. Plus not even totally convinced that I'm really getting 75/75, since that wasn't even an option listed online. 

Is there anything I can do about this? Verizon doesn't even seem to have a way to contact customer support via email. I've always been really happy to recommend fios, but this experience has been beyond frustrating. 

0 Likes
Re: Issues with online move orders
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Baobabs,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes