Re: Itunes Sharing not working over wireless
librohombre

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Swizzchard!

0 Likes
gene93
Enthusiast - Level 2

Perfect! After rebooting the reouter everything works.

0 Likes
cance440

Hate to throw a wet blanket on the party, but none of this is working for me. I can't even get Airplay to work when the computers are hard-wired into the Actiontec. Can anyone point the way?

I have a Gen2 model with N wireless, and I've applied all the settings suggested. 

0 Likes
Williamh85

The Gen2 U have is an order one, I would call and ask for a new one sent to u. Maybe U will get the REAL N wireless rotuer. I talked to ppl about this before and disabling the IGMP Proxy works. BUT I have a Gen3 and I cant find where to do this at. Sad being that I work for Verizon. BUT they dont give us much info on the routers, we just have to figure things out as we go. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Williamh85 wrote:

The Gen2 U have is an order one, I would call and ask for a new one sent to u. Maybe U will get the REAL N wireless rotuer. I talked to ppl about this before and disabling the IGMP Proxy works. BUT I have a Gen3 and I cant find where to do this at. Sad being that I work for Verizon. BUT they dont give us much info on the routers, we just have to figure things out as we go. 

Then take the time to actually read the threads here on that topic. The "circumvention" is widely posted here in the Forums, as well as at DSLReports.com. All you need to do is look.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
PabloMarin14

Thank you swisschard.  Your solution worked perfectly.  I thought I was losing my mind.  Who knew that a simple login to my router and a google search would solve all the problems.

0 Likes
futurel
Success! You so totally rock! And i was trying to get airplay to work on a rasberry pi experimental computer. $35 and some spare parts for Airplay. thank you!
0 Likes
SpeedThree
Contributor - Level 1

I just got a new Actiontec M1424WR Rev I and read here how Actiontecs and Bonjour don't play nicely.

I have looked everywhere in my Advanced settings and simply cannot find the page where I can disable the IGMP Proxy.

Could some kind soul give me directions like this:  Settings > Advanced > etc., to lead me to the screen where I can turn off the IGMP Proxy?

Many thsnks.

0 Likes
mrballcb
Enthusiast - Level 3

Per the below post, recent VZ firmwares removed access to the IGMP Proxy setting:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Communication-between-wired-and-wireless-network-on-actio...

The page to toggle the setting is still there though.  You can access the page directly at:

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059

Read that whole thread (5 pages worth currently).  It's full of fantastic information about the various Bonjour related services and testing.

0 Likes
SpeedThree
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks very much for that info and for that link.

0 Likes