Linksys Wireless Camera issues
b55mikey

When i install my linksys wireless Wvc80n wirelss camera I lose my wireless connection on my laptop to the internet itermittently until I unplug the camera then its back to normal.

0 Likes
Re: Linksys Wireless Camera issues
Hubrisnxs
Legend

That sounds, Most likely,  a wireless signa issue.

You can change that in the router.   open a browser, and go to http://192.168.1.1

user name is admin.  and the password is most likely the serial number found on the service tag of your VZ router unless you changed it. Once you login succesfully, go to the top and hit wireless, then on the left basic security.   then go to option 3 which is channel  1, 6 and 11 and are the only channels you should try.

So it will likely be set to auto, change it to 11 and put the check for keep settings even after reboot (Directly under the channel) and then hit apply.  after you hit apply,  test your connection out, if you notice a difference, leave it like that until the problem happens again, and if it happens again, go back into the router, and try channel 6,     test it out.  and then finally 1 if the first two don't work.

Also take a look at page 2 of Actiontec's Wireless PDF File.  It gives you some idea's with regards to position and orientation of where the router sits and how it can best be positioned for maximum coverage.

http://support.actiontec.com/doc_files/MI424WR_Rev(all)_Wireless_Networking_Guide.pdf

One of the channels (1, 6 & 11) will allow both to function fine.  

0 Likes
b55mikey

Hi,

I tried changing the channels 1,6,11, but as soon as I plug in the camera I start losing wireless connectivity on my laptop,ipad, ipod touch. This is a new router (MI424WR REV.I) that was replaced the old one worked fine with the camera. Is it possible to hook up a second router and just have the camera on that router on a different channel and maybe it wont interfere with the first router. I appreciate your help thank you.

Mike

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Yes that would be fine,   the 2nd router, make sure to give it a static ip address on the actiontec's range like 192.168.1.200 and then go into the actiontec and put that same ip into the DMZ - that way the 2nd router is not affected by the firewall on the actiontec.    

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Also thinking, it might be the camera's IP.  Do you know if the camera is getting an IP Automatically, or did you assign it an IP Address?   maybe set the camera IP higher like 1.201  OR let it grab an IP automatically. 

0 Likes
b55mikey

I assigned the camera it's own IP address 192.168.1.115

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the set top boxes use the .100 range,  so you may want to push it out to .200; may or may not help, but I know the router reserves .100 for the set top boxes 

0 Likes