Re: Login has been temporarily disabled due to too many unsuccessful login attempts.
damienb
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for your reply. I read on verizon support that I should only do this as a last resort because you it doesnt only reset your router, but you have to setup your entire network again. Is this not the case? please confirm and I'll do it. Id like to change my router settings (so my wireless network has a login and pw I can remember) but don't want to have to set everything up again since the tech did it.

0 Likes
Re: Login has been temporarily disabled due to too many unsuccessful login attempts.
damienb
Enthusiast - Level 2

fyi, the login for the router is admin/password but like I said, i get the error message.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@damienb wrote:

thanks for your reply. I read on verizon support that I should only do this as a last resort because you it doesnt only reset your router, but you have to setup your entire network again. Is this not the case? please confirm and I'll do it. Id like to change my router settings (so my wireless network has a login and pw I can remember) but don't want to have to set everything up again since the tech did it.

You would have to set up your wireless network again if you had customized it, but it sounds like you are running on the default wireless network settings anyway.

Unless you have special rules that you've set up in the router, resetting it should be safe. FiOS is pretty much plug-and-play.

damienb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did it and it works. Thanks very much for your help, it's very appreciated!

0 Likes
nnennagu

Hi,

I am having issues logging into my verizon actiontec router. I have reset my router several times and still can't login.

The default password and login ID at the back of my router does not work, my customized login ID and password also won't work.

Pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
damienb
Enthusiast - Level 2

did you try the stock login/password? its typically some variation of admin/password but I'd double check first

0 Likes
hl2kfm

Login has been temporarily disabled due to too many unsuccessful login attempts. Please try again later

0 Likes
powellkristina

I used the verizon in home agent program and the default password it told me to use after pressing the reset button was the serial number under the barcode not the password next to user name admin Password on the top of the label.  Maybe that will fix the problem.  I've tried each password so I don't remember exactly which one worked in the end.

0 Likes
FactMan

I used the LiveChat service and discovered that there was a second password on the other side of the router to where I was looking - yes, it was the one above the bar code, and it is not the same as the wi-fi password. Not clear on the documentation!

0 Likes
ffxtony

WOW.  Verizon really does need to fix their documentation.

I just updated my Fios router to Quantum service.

Followed the directions and could get on the wifi with (Step 1) the "default password" on the label - as pictured in the "Configure the FIOS Router" directions.  To configure the router, Step 2 is login into 192.168.1.1.  Then on to Step 3 - use "admin" as the user name.  In the Password field, enter the value found on the label in step 1.

After getting locked out of the router repeatedly, having to reset it by powering off and on many times, I found the answer in this post.  THANK YOU.

THERE IS AN 8 Alphanumeric Password for the router on the label on the other side of the router.  Way up high on the label.

0 Likes