Malwarebytes shows trojan in FIOS software
acr908
Enthusiast - Level 2

This morning, for the first time ever, my Malwarebytes malwarescanner showed that a trojan was found in two FIOS files.  I will attempt to paste a screenshot here:

What is this all about... has anyone e lse seen this happen??

- ACR

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Malwarebytes shows trojan in FIOS software
acr908
Enthusiast - Level 2

Malwarebytes has confirmed that those two files were false positives in the last update.  Their next update will correct that and eliminate the false positives on these two files.

- ACR

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dietz1

I dont have FIOS I think for some reason my mcafee was turned off. It was reinistalled yesterday by a bogus co. they set up a email address for my my wife {edited for privacy}.  I tried to set up a account  to  retreave the email they said they sent. I was unsucessful. That might be the trojan. can you remove it?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it truly is the Zeus trojan, that needs to be cleaned out right away and that computer shouldn't be used or on-net until it's seen as completely clean. Does any other anti-malware program report a Trojan being installed? It might just be a false positive with MalwareBytes' definitions files for today.

Check against Spybot S&D, SUPERAntiSpyware, Hitman Pro, etc. Pick whichever you want to check against.

See this for FP reporting: http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/entries/20818101-What-are-False-Positives-and-how-do-I-report-them-

Snookered2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do not have FIOS.  But, I did purchase Super AntiSpyware last year and returned it (ineffective).  Malwarebytes, cleared old software and is now updated.  If, you haven't already.  Try ESET NOD32.

0 Likes
acr908
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am working with Malwarebytes now to determine whether these are new false positives or not.  I will run SpyBotSD next.  Thank you for your comments.

0 Likes
acr908
Enthusiast - Level 2

Malwarebytes has confirmed that those two files were false positives in the last update.  Their next update will correct that and eliminate the false positives on these two files.

- ACR

0 Likes