My own web server on residential FiOS?
elisokal

Hello.  I have residential FiOS 50/25 and want to host my two web sites on my own server in my house.  As such I need two static IP addresses.  How can I obtain them?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: My own web server on residential FiOS?
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Static IP addresses are only available on a business accout.

FYI, it's against VZ's Terms Of Service (TOS) to run servers on a residential accout, although I've never seen anyone post that they've been terminated for doing so.

Your other option is to get a free account with http://dyn.com/.  They will give you free domain name(s) such as mydomain.dyndns.com which will resolve to your dynamic IP address.  

dmmikerpg
You probably don't need one IP address per website. I host up to 20 VPS per server.
0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@elisokal wrote:

Hello.  I have residential FiOS 50/25 and want to host my two web sites on my own server in my house.  As such I need two static IP addresses.  How can I obtain them?  Thanks.

Strictly speaking your TOS states you are not allowed to do that but I guess you are just testing.

To do what you are trying to test you need to get a dynamic dns account  which you will assign to your router - this will effectively give you a static dns name.  Then build your web servers listening on different ports and build port forwarding rules on the router to forward incoming traffic for the 2 ip ports to the relevant internal ip addresses for your server/s.

i assume you purchased your domain names from some supplier.  You would need to set up your web sites on the supplier with a site forwarding set up to your dynamic dns name followed by  a colon and the listener ip port number.

0 Likes