New Model G300 Fios Home Router and Original Google WiFi
mjolnier
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello - I've noticed that on the website for this router it states the following:

Note: This product is only compatible with the Fios Home Wi-Fi Extender (Model #E3200), and many features, including SON feature will not work as designed when paired with a different extender.

Does that mean it won't work with the original Google Wifi devices?  I have three in a box unused and it would be great to get them to work together.  If anyone knows please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

https://store.google.com/us/product/google_wifi_first_gen

Also, in general, have you noticed an improvement over the previous Actiontec Quantum Gateway Router?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Model G300 Fios Home Router and Original Google WiFi
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It’s referring to connecting to the E3200 via MoCA. For example the new FiOS Home Router G3100 will not work with older FiOS Network Extender WCB6200Q. The E3200 can connect to the G3100 via coax, ethernet, or wifi. 
You can connect any mesh system to any Verizon router. But if you are using a mesh system you should have the Verizon wifi turned off.

The wifi is supposed to be better on the G3100 than the FiOS Quantum Gateway, but again if you are going to be using Google wifi the G3100 wifi is irrelevant as it should be disabled. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It’s referring to connecting to the E3200 via MoCA. For example the new FiOS Home Router G3100 will not work with older FiOS Network Extender WCB6200Q. The E3200 can connect to the G3100 via coax, ethernet, or wifi. 
You can connect any mesh system to any Verizon router. But if you are using a mesh system you should have the Verizon wifi turned off.

The wifi is supposed to be better on the G3100 than the FiOS Quantum Gateway, but again if you are going to be using Google wifi the G3100 wifi is irrelevant as it should be disabled. 

mjolnier
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh I understand. So actually it may be better to stay with the router I have and use the Google WiFi first to see how it performs when I move into the new house. 

Thank you and much appreciated.

AD

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Correct. The Quantum Gateway has gigabit ports. Just turn off the wifi and connect your Google wifi to one of the yellow LAN ports. If you are internet only you could also just use the Google wifi directly to the ONT with ethernet.