New router G3100 lack of features
Fiosusr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jus upgraded to fios gigabit internet and got the new G3100 router. Before that was using a Tplink archer C5400. With the Tplink, I was using a usb hard disk to store surveillance camera alrm recordings via ftp. Albeit the G3100 has the USB 3.0 port, just found out i cannot use it; support told me that the port is not enabled and would consider my issues for future update. That sucks. looks like I might have to switch back to the Tplilnk....

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New router G3100 lack of features
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon routers have had USB ports on them for years.  They have never enabled them for anything other than power.  I wouldn't bet on the G3100's USB ports being enabled for network drives anytime soon.

You could put the TPLink in bridge mode and use it as a NAS.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The router is made by a different company and has a slightly different interface than the previous G1100 model. You might need to switch back to the TP Link for the time being until the bugs are worked out. 

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon routers have had USB ports on them for years.  They have never enabled them for anything other than power.  I wouldn't bet on the G3100's USB ports being enabled for network drives anytime soon.

You could put the TPLink in bridge mode and use it as a NAS.

Good Luck.