No Internet Issue
Sang2

So internet will work fine for a several hours then it would randomly have no internet. All the devices on the internet are still connected but they won't get any internet. This can be solve by rebooting the router each time this happen but is very annoying. I would like to know what the potenial problem is and how to fix this. My current router is the quantum gateway from verizon. All the lights are on when the issue occurs on the router.

0 Likes
Re: No Internet Issue
jonjones1
Legend

@Sangwrote:

So internet will work fine for a several hours then it would randomly have no internet. All the devices on the internet are still connected but they won't get any internet. This can be solve by rebooting the router each time this happen but is very annoying. I would like to know what the potenial problem is and how to fix this. My current router is the quantum gateway from verizon. All the lights are on when the issue occurs on the router.

This can be a bad router. Call 1-800-VERIZON and have them swap it out.

now it could be a bad ONT which means you would need a technician visit. However Fios reps can test your ONT and your router. However if working fine at the time you call it won’t show as non functional. They can send a tech but they may charge you for the visit. Lastly you could remove the Fios junk Quantum Gateway and use your own router in its place. But you will need to release the dhcp from the Quantum and pull the plug immediately before you plug in your own router to test.

if the new router does the same thing then it might be the ONT or bad cabling or a loose cable (ethernet) or even a bad twisted pair. But Verizon can repair that.

0 Likes
Re: No Internet Issue
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it only WiFi or Ethernet connected devices as well.

0 Likes