No speed upgrade options available?
martinb0820
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was thinking about upgrading my current 75/75 to something faster, and wanted to get an idea of the cost of different speed options on-line before chatting or calling to make any changes.

If I click on "More Speeds" in "Pick your internet services", the only thing displayed is "Less Speeds". This is in spite of "Help me choose" listing seven different options, through Gigabit.

For background, I recently switched from Verizon's router connected via the coax port on the ONT to my own router connected via Ethernet. If anything, this should have made higher speeds more available.

Also, just for the sake of experimentation, if I add a Verizon router, the Web site suggests two higher speed options, and allows them to be selected, however, "Pick your internet services" still doesn't show any options.

Is the Web site broken, or are they not accepting speed upgrades during the pandemic?

0 Likes
Re: No speed upgrade options available?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably not accepting speed upgrades due to the pandemic. Even though you have ethernet from the ONT, it may be an older model. Anything of 75/75 will require an upgraded ONT. You probably will have to call in if the website isn’t working.

0 Likes
Re: No speed upgrade options available?
martinb0820
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.

I believe the ONT supports everything through Gigabit. I checked the version once.

All the available speeds used to show up on the Web site until I switched from Triple Play to Internet only (although when I was using the Verizon MI424WR router, a router upgrade would have been required to significantly increase the speed).

Maybe Internet-only service isn't eligible for speed upgrades?

I'll have to call or chat to find out, I guess.

0 Likes