ONT box self install
LenLuviner

A few weeks ago, I had Gigabit service installed, but the ONT box had to be passed through my window, and it's sitting in my living room with all the wires. I'm assuming they still can't come in my house, so can I run the ONT box into my basement?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ONT box self install
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are just temporary installations and Verizon will come back and make them permanent. I saw on dslreports.com that Verizon is resuming going into the house on June 1. 

View solution in original post

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

As long as you don't have to disconnect anything on the Verizon "side" of the ONT (i.e. only your coax, ethernet, power, and if appropriate phone cables), could you just "pass" it back out the window and "pass" it back in the basement window and then reconnect all the "user" side wires?

If you have to disconnect stuff from the Verizon side of the connection, I wouldn't go there.

LenLuviner

I'd have to disconnect the fiber optic cable, and drill a hole in the wall, to feed the wire through. I'm just going to let it be.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are just temporary installations and Verizon will come back and make them permanent. I saw on dslreports.com that Verizon is resuming going into the house on June 1.