Panasonic BluRay connection issues with ActionTec/FIOS MI424WR
djsskis

Hello All,

I have a Panasonic SC-BT200 BluRay player with the RJ45 Ethernet connection on the back.  I currently have it connected into my ActionTec (I know the connection works - I have a green status light and the same cables have been tested with my laptop and I can get to the internet).  I also visited Panasonic's website to download and install the latest firmware for my bluray (did so via my PC and burned the firmware to a CD - verified that it installed OK).

In the Panasonic's setup menu I can choose to hard code my IP address or use DNS (I've tried both) - nothing seems to work.  Currently - my DHCP server has assigned the bluray an IP address x.x.23.7 and I have verified that the MAC address for that device is the same as the BluRay's (from the Panasonic's menu) but can't ping it and it fails the panasonic connectivity test (tried the ping from both the router's admin program and from a windows command line).

I have also tried setting up the BluRay as a network object (via the ActionTec's admin program) using the MAC address - then tried both allowing DNS to assign the IP address and setting up one manually.  When setting the IP address manually, I made sure that I had the proper subnet mask and used the default DNS addresses that I retrieved from my PC's ipconfig settings.  I've rebooted the router, powered down the bluray when I changed the IP settings...everything that I can think of.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before or have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Panasonic BluRay connection issues with ActionTec/FIOS MI424WR
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@djsskis wrote:

Hello All,

I have a Panasonic SC-BT200 BluRay player with the RJ45 Ethernet connection on the back.  I currently have it connected into my ActionTec (I know the connection works - I have a green status light and the same cables have been tested with my laptop and I can get to the internet).  I also visited Panasonic's website to download and install the latest firmware for my bluray (did so via my PC and burned the firmware to a CD - verified that it installed OK).

In the Panasonic's setup menu I can choose to hard code my IP address or use DNS (I've tried both) - nothing seems to work.  Currently - my DHCP server has assigned the bluray an IP address x.x.23.7 and I have verified that the MAC address for that device is the same as the BluRay's (from the Panasonic's menu) but can't ping it and it fails the panasonic connectivity test (tried the ping from both the router's admin program and from a windows command line).

I have also tried setting up the BluRay as a network object (via the ActionTec's admin program) using the MAC address - then tried both allowing DNS to assign the IP address and setting up one manually.  When setting the IP address manually, I made sure that I had the proper subnet mask and used the default DNS addresses that I retrieved from my PC's ipconfig settings.  I've rebooted the router, powered down the bluray when I changed the IP settings...everything that I can think of.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before or have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

Which dhcp server are you talking about here?

Currently - my DHCP server has assigned the bluray an IP address x.x.23.7

If you are connected to the VZ actiontec router you will be getting a dhcp address of 192.168.1.x so either you have a secondary subnet with it's own dhcp server or you are not getting a dhcp address at all What are the values of x.x in x.x.23.7  ?

0 Likes