Re: PLEASE HELP ME, I AM AT MY WITS END! Trying to port forward on verizon 9100EM
Fuego

Update - doesn't matter what port/application and to whch machine on the NAT LAN - port forwarding is NOT getting thru.  For comparison sake I put my old Linksys WRT54G back on the Time Warner Cable modem line that had been in place previously  and still hasn't been turned off (and turned off the 9100em) then tested from the outside - the port forwarding on the WRT54G works fine.

So why won't the 9100em pass anything?

0 Likes
Re: PLEASE HELP ME, I AM AT MY WITS END! Trying to port forward on verizon 9100EM
prisaz
Legend

@Fuego wrote:

Update - doesn't matter what port/application and to whch machine on the NAT LAN - port forwarding is NOT getting thru.  For comparison sake I put my old Linksys WRT54G back on the Time Warner Cable modem line that had been in place previously  and still hasn't been turned off (and turned off the 9100em) then tested from the outside - the port forwarding on the WRT54G works fine.

So why won't the 9100em pass anything?

I have seen some posts regarding port ranges being forwarded to the STB DVRs for remote DVR and such. Check to see if there are any entries that forward ALL to the STB IP. If there is, then that is the issue. If a range of ports are sent to the STB, the one you forward can not already be in that range. ALL is a lot of ports. If you disable that then remote DVR will not work.

Message Edited by prisaz on 06-11-2009 07:00 PM
0 Likes
lynxxyarly

I must say...I am quite baffled myself by this particular conundrum. I am of the highly advanced sort when it comes to networking and just computers in general. I'm down here at my girlfriends house in Texas and was playing around with their new FiOS and while I was up north I set up my girlfriends computer so that I could remote in via remotely anywhere and do some general maintenace. For some reason I couldnt get the ports to forward properly via directing my girlfriend over the phone..so to make it easy I just had her set up her machine on the DMZ and then I would go in from there and fix it myself. (Figuring she wasn't doing something right) 

With her on the DMZ I was able to remote in without a problem, and since then I have pretty much forgot to "fix" the ports...until I came down here to visit her. Now that I'm here...I'm trying to port forward and I'm settting it all up correctly, yet nothing is being forwarded. I go to canyouseeme.org to test for port forwarding and it's all coming back negative. The part that REALLY baffles me, is that I went back to my girlfriends machine and put her on dmz again, and tried to do port scans and they are all now blocked! I can't forward anything no matter what I do. I haven't messed with any settings and I know I'm doing everything properly.

My only guess at this point is that its on the verizon box end...although I can't figure out how something changed from then till now. Any ideas from the community?

PS Im using the A90-9100EM15-10 Westell UltraLine Series3 

0 Likes
Fuego
Exactly what I've run into - absolutely nothing will pass, and using any of the port scan sites shows everything locked down - except for ping to the 9100 EM itself.  If I can find my older Linksys I'm tempted to place it in the DMZ then place a machine (not the STBs) behind it and open the ports I want to test to see if there is another way around this.
0 Likes
lynxxyarly
It would be nice if verizon offered some answers for this. I can't figure out for the life of me why I had it working and then all of a sudden it just stopped working. I hope running the DMZ for you will work, because even running the dmz on my machine still locked me down completely.
Message Edited by lynxxyarly on 06-13-2009 08:00 PM
0 Likes