Port Forwarding on Westell 9100EM
cavillis
I just got my Fios service installed yesterday but I am unable to host any games, specifically Warcraft 3. I have my IP set to a static 192.168.1.122 and am forwarding 6112 to that address for both TCP and UDP, but it does not work. Although, I AM able to host if I set my computer to be a DMZ Host. I don't want to do that for obvious reasons. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere to allow port forwarding or a common issue with this router? Please help.
0 Likes
Re: Port Forwarding on Westell 9100EM
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 When trying to host both times, you used the same LAN IP?

#2 If so..

Please check what the firewall in the router is set to.

For example at

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Actiontec/MI-424-WR/Warcraft_III.htm

the firewall is set to "typical security"

--
Also note there is another guide besides the one above - http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Actiontec/MI-424-WRv2/Warcraft_III.htm

0 Likes
cavillis
Yes the same IP (192.168.1.122) has been used both times. The firewall in the router is set to minimum security. I also have my windows firewall turned off.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
What port is WC3, set to use?

"You can change the port that Warcraft III uses for hosting on the Options/Gameplay screen."

Is it set to 6112 or some other port?

--

What is in Firewall Settings -> Advanced Filtering Or in Security -> Advanced Filtering (this will depend on which router guide is the closest to the router that you have) ?
0 Likes
emc2guru

Hello,

If you are still in need of assistance with forwarding/mapping PM me.  If you also have other fios services / routers /wireless connections networked you have to setup multiple rules and can get messy quick. Covering every setup would create a short novel, it is very possible to configure any verizon setup to your meet needs.

0 Likes