Ports stopped working.
Idle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to use port 8001 for a lot of things. Recently, the port stopped working. I triple checked all my router settings and port 8001 is still forwarded. I tried other ports. I rebooted. I tried shutting off my firewall. Nothing worked. I really need a port working for various things so I need some help. Tell me if you need any additional information and I'll tell you. Does anyone know what I should do??

Tags (1)
Re: Ports stopped working.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

is your computer or machine set up as a dynamic ip?  auto configuration ip address?   or did you set it statically and give it a fixed ip address?

0 Likes
Idle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just checked...I think I have a dynamic ip, not sure though. Yes to auto configuration ip address. How can I switch to a static ip?

Hubrisnxs
Legend

you just go into your computers nic settings and switch it from obtain ip address automatically to use the following ip address

give it an ip like 192.168.1.50

subnet 255.255.255.0

default gateway 192.168.1.1

and then dns's can be anything really,  i like using open dns 

after you do that, go into your router, and re do the port mapping with the new ip address.  AVOID the .100 range,   usually verizon cable boxes use .100 

0 Likes
Idle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I did everything you said and I'm sure I did it right. No luck. I have a feeling that something else is going on here, but I'm not sure what I should do. Anyone have any ideas?

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have an idea of something that you can check/do.

#1 In the router go to Advanced -> UPnP OR Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play (which ever exist in your router)

#2 Turn off UPnP in the router.

Please report back if that fixes your issue or not.

0 Likes
Idle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

No luck. Does having DHCP enabled have anything to do with the issue? If so, how can I disable it?

If anyone has any other ideas, please say so.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Any Chance it's just your firewall?

If you port forwarded properly, then it's possible you have a firewall blocking.   Disable and test it. 

Also a common mistake people make is trying to define the SOURCE port.  it should be set to ANY.   you should only be defining the destination

0 Likes
Idle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Disabled it and it still didn't work.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 In the router go to Advanced -> Private LAN or Advanced -> IP Address Distribution (which ever exist in your router)

#2 What is the current Starting and Ending IP Address?

0 Likes