Problem with using WIFI at Starbucks
tuna629

I'm currently using FIOS (20dl/?up) and I started using the free wifi service that comes with it at the Starbucks near my house. It worked like a charm the first time; the speed was good and the connection was stable.

But when I went again, problems surfaced. As with last time, the connection wizard starts itself, shows the "Verizon Wifi detected" message then starts to connect. Instead of showing the log in page, an error message appeared, indicating that this connection is not a valid Verizon Wifi connection. But 1) This location is still showing on the Wifi map on Verizon.com 2) it worked for me last time 3) If it's not a valid connection, how did the program detect it in the first place?

Can someone let me know what's going on here? I'm using XP SP3.

0 Likes
Re: Problem with using WIFI at Starbucks
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

More than likely the starbucks you are at was having a connection issue and reset their router. Once the router was reset, if they dont put in the security code that was given to Verizon for the wifi program it wont connect correctly. Starbucks would need to make sure that they have the right security system in place. If you still cannot connect the next time you go. Bring it to their attention and they will likely have to get with their IT guys to make sure that the security info is correct.

0 Likes
Re: Problem with using WIFI at Starbucks
LostTarget

I just posted on this subject in another posting.   I received the same error message in upstate New York. I relocated to a nearby motel that was on the list and was able to log In from the parking lot.

Should not Verizon have an area setup where you can report log in problems {please keep it relevant}?

0 Likes