Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Recent issues during construction on I-75

thisbejoe7
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Recent issues during construction on I-75

Message 1 of 3
(472 Views)

Two weekends ago we had a regional outage with FIOS in Tampa.  This was the first major outage I've seen in more than 5 years of having this service.  There is construction going on near my home along a major interstate highway and I suspect it had something to do with this.  I called support and they acknowledged there was a regional outage and advised me that they estimated it would be resolved by 3am the next morning.  Fortunately within a few hours my service was restored. 

After this, we've started to have issues with the ONT in the garage, we'd wake up to a service outage again and find that resetting the power to the ONT in the garage fixed it (at least temporarily).  Two days in a row we woke up to service outages and had to reset the ONT. 

Fast forward to today, after a couple of days without a problem and we're completely down.  I chatted with FIOS support online and let them know I'm still having issues.  The setup a repair ticket for me and told me a tech would be there (at my home) by 9pm.  So far I've been completely down, phone and internet for 3 or 4 hours. 

Anyone else having issues in the Tampa, FL area?  Is it just me?  I'm hoping they replace the ONT today, but who knows what they will say.  Wtih my luck the service will be restored before the tech gets there and he won't see anything wrong. 

2 REPLIES 2
Shamika_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Recent issues during construction on I-75

Message 2 of 3
(446 Views)

Hello,

Are you still down? Please let me know I would be happy to assist. You can send me a private message for further assistance.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

thisbejoe7
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Recent issues during construction on I-75

Message 3 of 3
(443 Views)

No I'm back up and going.  I had a tech come out and he replaced my ONT and said he also had to do some outdoor work.  I didn't get all the details from him, but he did get me back up and going.  Hopefully that will be the end of the morning ONT resets...  Thanks!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title