Red fail light on ONT box
Hightower4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fios randomly went out last night, I’ve tried everything. (Rebooting, unplugging) still comes back on red. Does this mean my ONT box failed or a deeper issue outside down the line somewhere??  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Red fail light on ONT box
Hightower4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it was resolved by a tech coming out and telling me the line from the pole to my house was bad. We didn’t have any weather issues or anything. So who knows how it happened. But he installed a new line from the pole to the house and haven’t had any issues since 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there a "Network" light? If red fail and no Network Network light it typically mean you have no signal coming into the ONT. You'll most likely need a tech visit. 

Hightower4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every light is green. Except the “fail” light which is red...the Ethernet port is green to the router which is also all green. Can’t figure out why it’s saying fail

Hightower4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Network light is green. I tried posting a picture of the ONT but can’t get it on here

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ethernet is green because it is still connected to the router. Are you out of service? TV and Phone still working?

Hightower4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I only have fios internet, we don’t have tv or phone service. We never lost power or anything. Just steaming tv and boom. Everything disconnected. No reason at all. Late at night too

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry to hear. Yeah you will have to call Verizon. Either the ONT is bad or there might be a signal issue with your fiber. Either way you'll probably need a visit. 

Hightower4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ah **bleep**. That’s the last thing I wanted. With this covid who knows when they’ll be able to get someone out to fix it

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also try @VerizonSupport via Twitter or VZ Direct at dslreports.com instead of calling. 

SF20201
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever get it resolved? I got Fios not even 3 weeks ago and same thing just happened to me this afternoon. No TV, no internet. 2 day wait for Tech.