Roku & AppleTV App suggestion
kfp673
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello All,

I am in the process of switching from Comcast's Xfinity service over to Fios as it was just installed in my neighborhood.  The primary reason is internet speeds.  One hesitation I had however was the new Xfinity Roku app.  We have 2 secondary type TV's in our house with only Roku connected.  I have found there to be a huge difference app to app in picture quality, speeds, and just the pain of having to switch from app to app.  Xfinity recently released an app that once logged in mirrors their cable box including guide, DVR programs, on demand, and anything else the cable box can do, and it does it at very similar picture quality to the box.  Comcast sportsnet here in the Philly area must be watched using the NBC sports app on Roku.  This app is terrible! bad picture quality, freezing, etc. Instead I can now watch using the xfinity app and it is great.  

My suggestion to Fios is to create the same thing asap.  More and more people prefer not to have cable boxes in every room but are willing to pay for the service.  With a strong LAN it is no problem streaming TV throughout a house.  Please let me know if this has been thought of or considered as I am going to really miss this app once we switch.

Re: Roku & AppleTV App suggestion
jonjones1
Legend

I am a mite confused.

verizon fios tv can be watched on many devices. Both tablets, phones, smart tv, but have to be setup by the customer.

i don't watch tv from Fios or Cable but use Roku and Apple TV to stream Hulu and Amazon and Acorn TV as well as DIRECTVNow and HBO etc. on any TV or device. 

Just Google and see what tv is available via Fios.

cable cannot match Fios in my opinion.

but you will just have to see how it works for you.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

OP is looking for a Roku or AppleTV app similar to FIOS Mobile App for mobile devices.

To OP:

This is a peer to peer support forum. Unfortunately no place yet for suggestions to Verizon.

jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

OP is looking for a Roku or AppleTV app similar to FIOS Mobile App for mobile devices.

To OP:

This is a peer to peer support forum. Unfortunately no place yet for suggestions to Verizon.

Read it again. They have the Rokus with their cable service and want Verizon to have the ability to stream Fios tv through it. Verizon does not use Roku to watch tv, and I don't think they will rush to do it anytime soon. Fios tv can be watch on certain devices of which I stated so.