Router login locked out
ardent_guy

Hi,

I am trying to access the router page for my Verizon MI424WR router. After few initial failed attempts when i couldnt remember my password, i was able to locate the password and tried logging in. Inspite of the correct password, I get a message 'Login temporarily locked out, try again later'. I gave some time before i retried, but i still get the same message.

I tried again after 2 days after closing the browser, but still get this message. How do i unlock my login? I dont want to reset the password as it would go back to factory settings.

There is no support for this issue in Verizon Support. Could anyone please advise?

Thanks

ardent_guy.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Router login locked out
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Simply rebooting the router won't reset any of it's settings.

Unplug the a/c power to the router, give it about 5 minutes, and plug it back in.   See if that lets you sign in to the router once it starts back up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

2 days sounds like enough time for it to pass.  Try a new session using IE or incognito mode in chrome.

0 Likes
ardent_guy

Thanks for the lightning speed response Hubrisnxs. Will try it, though I use Firefox since IE doesnt work on my laptop. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might also want to try a router reboot.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
ardent_guy

Thanks. I want to avoid rebooting since it will erase all my current settings and go back to factory settings. Is there a way to unlock the account so I can try again?

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Simply rebooting the router won't reset any of it's settings.

Unplug the a/c power to the router, give it about 5 minutes, and plug it back in.   See if that lets you sign in to the router once it starts back up.

0 Likes
ardent_guy

Will try that. Thanks.

0 Likes
tcegelski

Did the reboot work? 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tcegelski wrote:

Did the reboot work? 

I hope it did...it’s been 4 years since they were told to try it 😀

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes