Ruined credit by Verizon from a final bill that was NEVER sent
unhappyclient90
I have the exact issues as MANY Verizon customers. I was a LOYAL customer for at least 10 years and moved Verizon services with me twice. My last move I wasn't able to use Verizon so I was forced to use another company for internet and cable. Showing appreciate for my years of loyalty, Verizon decided to RUIN my credit without even a phone call or letter informing they were going to do so. I gave them my new address, returned all equipment and paid what I thought was my final bill. I didn't find out I had anything outstanding until I received a letter at my new address from a collection agency. I got this letter right as I was trying to qualify for a new home. My credit score dropped 100 POINTS!!!! Somehow the collection agency had my new address but Verizon never entered in their system OR sent me a final bill. I have disputed this charge with all 3 credit companies and Verizon STILL will not remove. Apparently, if you are loyal to them for MANY, MANY years, never miss a payment, were never late and have no choice but to use another company for service they want to ruin your life for 7 years. I called Verizon MANY times, spent hours on hold and speaking to rude, uncaring, unprofessional reps and was hung up on several times. You can't reach anyone that can help you - they transfer you from one department to another and get ZERO help. This is the WORST COMPANY I have ever dealt with and I will NEVER use any of their services again. I am unable to move and get a new home now because I was loyal to Verizon for YEARS. Thanks Verizon for ruining my life over $80 ...YEP $80!!!!! Not sure if any of the other Verizon former customers that now have ruined credit found a way to resolve this. If so, any help would be GREATLY appreciate as Verizon has no intention of doing the right thing. JG
0 Likes
Re: Ruined credit by Verizon from a final bill that was NEVER sent
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi unhappyclient90,

Sorry you are having this issue. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Re: Ruined credit by Verizon from a final bill that was NEVER sent
LA4God

I am very sad to hear that this has happened.  I always have problems with Verizon but I do not call the contact number located on the website.  I google "Verizon corporation" and call that number to speak with a more professional individual.  I have received positive assistance in each situation (sad to say there was more than one issue).  Anyway, I suggest you not speak with an agent on the "Contact Us" number.  They are very rude, non-caring individuals.  Hope this helps so you can by your home. LA4God

0 Likes