Schedule and appointment for Fios internet service
LXc23

I am confused why I am still waiting to have an appointment scheduled with Verizon?  For months, Verizon has been stringing along these online speed test, reboot router, and reset ONT steps that do not work.  I need a technician.  I have to work and I have GB internet service yet my download speeds for my devices are in the 60s.  The router is functioning fine, but the wireless is not. Even standing in front of the router I get those speeds. It is unacceptable. 

I have been on chat for 5+ hours since you cannot get a live person to speak to you. After 3 representatives making me do the same repetitive test, I am transferred to secure chat where I have to wait yet again.   I have to work tomorrow so unfortunately I do not have another 4 hours to wait. 

0 Likes
Re: Schedule and appointment for Fios internet service
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 While we know the wireless speeds are slow, is the same true of wired?

#2 Also you are using Verizon's official speed testing site?

REFs include

a) How to verify your internet speed 

b) Speed tests -- Verizon vs. Speakeasy 

c) My Gigabit speeds are nowhere near the 940/880 and the techs have no answer? 

0 Likes
Re: Schedule and appointment for Fios internet service
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking mostly to other customers here.  If you want to reach Verizon, you need to contact them.  In addition to the channels you've been using, you could try their social media support team.  You can reach them two ways:

Pick based on if you like to tweet or post.

We users may be able to help, too.  asked good questions.  If you can answer them, we can help debug.

0 Likes