Seriously Verizon..I'm so done...
gonxie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I've posted about this before.  I have issues with my internet.  I've done the speed test..

Lap top;  download:  8.37 Mbps      Second test:  6.49 (download)

upload:  24.16 Mbps                                 22.86 (upload)

Hooked right into the router:   Download:  84.10 Mbps

upload:  40.13  Mbps

I have trouble watching ondemand...it pixilates all the time.  Some channels do it too.  The HIstory Channel is impossible to watch.

I've called multiple times.  Finally I got sick of the run around and called my brother who works for Verizon.  He came over and checked the speed and told me to call again and talk to a supervisor.

I called this morning...still no help.  The person I talked to continued to ask me about my laptop...do I have windows 8 it's the 'board' on my laptop.  Completely ignoring the ondemand issue--which uses the internet and the huge discrepancy between the speeds.

I'm so freakin' sick of paying full price for half service.  I can't watch ondemand half the time. 

I call for help and I know I'm being read to from a script. 

So thanks for a whole lot of nothing.  I'm going to look elsewhere for service. 

You guys are HORRIBLE.    Once and only once did I ever get anyone helpful when I had a problem.  Every other time it's rude, condescending and no help whatsoever. 

Anyone that asks me how I like Verizon will be sure to hear how friggin' awful you guys are. 

You wouldn't know good customer service if it walked up and smacked you in the face.

0 Likes
Re: Seriously Verizon.I'm so done...
KaShiDC1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so with you, I hope you find good service in your area. I have been unable to playback a large portion of the shows that I record for over three months. I have now spent approximately 80 hours troubleshooting (because reboot and replace are the only solutions Verizon has). That is a part time job I do not have time for. After three months I got a technician out who found a cord outside that had to have been in place since my house was built in the 70's. OMG the picture was so great it was like a new high-end TV (oh wait, I guess that is what I had all along). Unfortunately, the recorded shows still had issues. Before I could further diagnose, the hard drive went out on my DVR eliminating that option. Now I can no longer record anything or even pause live TV. I decided to get to the bottom of this if it took all night. Verizon could not get me a replacement shipped for almost a week so I drove all the way to a Verizon store in a mall several towns away and got a new box. Plugged it in and nothing. Verizon is telling me this box is bad and they will still need to ship me a new box. No thank you, I just spent my entire evening driving to the mall to pick up a new box and troubleshooting your issue, I am done. If it is still not functional when I get home my call will be to cancel my service. I recently tried Netflix which works just fine so I am getting an antennae for local channels and solving this issue permanently.

0 Likes
Re: Seriously Verizon..I'm so done...
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@gonxie wrote:

Ok, I've posted about this before.  I have issues with my internet.  I've done the speed test..

Lap top;  download:  8.37 Mbps      Second test:  6.49 (download)

upload:  24.16 Mbps                                 22.86 (upload)

Hooked right into the router:   Download:  84.10 Mbps

upload:  40.13  Mbps

I have trouble watching ondemand...it pixilates all the time.  Some channels do it too.  The HIstory Channel is impossible to watch.

Are you watching ondemand on the laptop when it's direct connected to the router or connected by wireless (presumably that is what the first set of speedtests are)?

0 Likes
gonxie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Viafax999 asked:   Are you watching ondemand on the laptop when it's direct connected to the router or connected by wireless (presumably that is what the first set of speedtests are)?

answer:  No, I'm watching on my television which isn't hooked right into the router.  It's less than 30 feet from it.  I know the ondemand works from the internet.

As I said my brother works for Verizon--he used to work outside in the field and now works inside--he offered to call for me from my house but I didn't want to compromise his position with the company.

He said my speeds are unacceptable they shouldn't be that slow wirelessly.   A little slower than they are plugged into the router but what I'm getting is ridiculous.

Exactly what he said would happen when I called did.  I'm tired of climbing under things hooking and unhooking--rebooting--plugging and unplugging.   I don't pay the prices I do to have to go through all of that to watch a movie or show on demand.

And forget watching Netflix anymore.  It buffers every 2 minutes.  It wasn't like that when I first signed on to Verizon. 

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it a wirless-n router?  

If so you may need to change the wireless security to wpa2 and try it again.

My Vizio tv, which is wirelessly connected, shows the signal strength of the various wireless signals it can see, does yours do that too and does the signal strength look good?

0 Likes