Should I have just an E3200 as my router/modem?
bajabes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently switched to fios and had a technician install everything. The coax cable is going into an E3200. Is this correct? The E3200 is the extender I thought. And that was supposed to extend the G3100. I mean it works, but is this correct? I'm having trouble logging into the admin panel and wondering if this is the reason. Even after a factory reset, the password listed doesn't work.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Should I have just an E3200 as my router/modem?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

There should be a G3100 in your network. E3200, since firmware 3.0.1.12, would find the G3100 in the network and copy its wireless configs as well as the admin password. You need to type in the password on the sticker of the G3100.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

There should be a G3100 in your network. E3200, since firmware 3.0.1.12, would find the G3100 in the network and copy its wireless configs as well as the admin password. You need to type in the password on the sticker of the G3100.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of a browser it will take you to a warning screen that your connection isn't secure.  Select continue. It will then take you to the login screen of the router (and show an image of what it looks like).