Slowness of FIOS internet
BMaki1

Ever since we lost MSN and had to switch to Verizon as our ISP, why is the system so slow.  Why do actions not go through like deleting an email.  Why so replies not go through the first time.  I have had to retype an answer to an email many many times before it goes through.  I never had that problem EVER with MSN/Verizon.  I am really confused because this is supposed to be the fastest internet system.  Can anyone give me some answers.

0 Likes
Re: Slowness of FIOS internet
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@BMaki wrote:

Ever since we lost MSN and had to switch to Verizon as our ISP, why is the system so slow.  Why do actions not go through like deleting an email.  Why so replies not go through the first time.  I have had to retype an answer to an email many many times before it goes through.  I never had that problem EVER with MSN/Verizon.  I am really confused because this is supposed to be the fastest internet system.  Can anyone give me some answers.

First, we need to clarify the difference between email and internet. Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) never changed; it has always been Verizon. Your Email Service Provider (ESP) changed, as you are now using Verizon webmail instead of MSN.

Your internet is just as fast as it has always been. If you are having trouble with your email, you should troubleshoot those in the Email Issues board.

There are several people complaining about email deletions not working, but most of them do not stick around to troubleshoot at all. I have not heard about issues with replying, but if you gave a bit more detail about what you are seeing we could start figuring out how to tackle that issue as well.

0 Likes
BMaki1

Thank you for the response.  I beg to disagree that the system is as fast as it used to be before we lost MSN.  When I log on and get my email and hit view all email, after I read an email and hit delete, many times a screen comes on and said could not do this request at this time, try again.  When I have an email and want to reply, when I hit Send, the little circle goes round and round for many minutes until I hit inbox and lose the message.  Then I have to retype the answer and try to send again.  Sometime I have to do this 4 or 5 times before the reply goes through.  Day before yesterday, I had to ask a Verizon contact online named Juan why my Verizon get going off the screen.  It would not stay connected.  He took over control of the screen and I guess he fixed it, but I am still having problems with replying to emails, with deleting emails.  And the system is much slower having to redo the same things over and over until they work.  I have never had that problem in the past.  I had MSN from the first time I got a computer in 2000.  I can't say I didn't have some problems with MSN over the years, but never the problems I am encountering now.  Just tell me what I should do.  Again thank you for the quick response.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

BMaki wrote:

Thank you for the response.  I beg to disagree that the system is as fast as it used to be before we lost MSN.  When I log on and get my email and hit view all email, after I read an email and hit delete, many times a screen comes on and said could not do this request at this time, try again.  When I have an email and want to reply, when I hit Send, the little circle goes round and round for many minutes until I hit inbox and lose the message.  Then I have to retype the answer and try to send again.  Sometime I have to do this 4 or 5 times before the reply goes through.  Day before yesterday, I had to ask a Verizon contact online named Juan why my Verizon get going off the screen.  It would not stay connected.  He took over control of the screen and I guess he fixed it, but I am still having problems with replying to emails, with deleting emails.  And the system is much slower having to redo the same things over and over until they work.  I have never had that problem in the past.  I had MSN from the first time I got a computer in 2000.  I can't say I didn't have some problems with MSN over the years, but never the problems I am encountering now.  Just tell me what I should do.  Again thank you for the quick response.

Again, that's all Verizon webmail, not the internet connection itself. Other sites, streaming, downloading... all of the other internet activities should be just as fast as they were before.

What browser are you using? Do you have any toolbars or addons that could be interfering with the scripts running on the Verizon pages?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
You need to take your mind off of e-mail to see If the service is the same or not. Ignore anything that touches Verizon, MyVerizon or Webmail. How fast do other things load? How about my own blog at http://seansite.dyndns.org/blog on a server I have full control over? That blog should take less than 2 seconds to load on any modern browser and computer on FiOS. If it is fast, you're doing fine for everything else including my own site, your ISP is just fine and the problem lays with just the complementary E-mail service.
0 Likes