Sonicwall Global VPN client
Not applicable

Hi

I am trying to connect to my work server through Global VPN client. I am getting a message in the logs as The peer is not responding to phase 1 ISAKMP requests.Verizon says its not their part as the internet is working long as the internet is functioning correctly.

I have bought a new laptop recently. I have tired disabling the Norton Internet Securities and Firewall but it still does not connect. However the server is reachable using ping.

I would appreciate if  anyone could throw some light here ?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sonicwall Global VPN client
Not applicable

The thing is that which I forgot to mention earlier in my posts that I was able to get through with my old laptop with firewall settings off.But in this case its not working.Anyways Thanks I will look it up on the provided by you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I have heard where a VPN client would not connect if the server is running on the same subnet. IE: server on 192.168.1.x and VPN client 192.168.1.x subnet. Or some sort of restrictions on the sever end regarding the IP addess of the client.

Better yet you may wish to look at the sonic wall site. There is a document on this subject.

http://www.sonicwall.com/downloads/GVC_Peer_is_Not_Responding_to_Phase_1_Requests.pdf

Not applicable

The thing is that which I forgot to mention earlier in my posts that I was able to get through with my old laptop with firewall settings off.But in this case its not working.Anyways Thanks I will look it up on the provided by you.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am totaly out of try's nothing seems to be workingSmiley Mad

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Firebird wrote:

Hi

I am trying to connect to my work server through Global VPN client. I am getting a message in the logs as The peer is not responding to phase 1 ISAKMP requests.Verizon says its not their part as the internet is working long as the internet is functioning correctly.

I have bought a new laptop recently. I have tired disabling the Norton Internet Securities and Firewall but it still does not connect. However the server is reachable using ping.

I would appreciate if  anyone could throw some light here ?

Thanks,

What OS was the old laptop and what OS is the new laptop.

Sounds like an issue with Win7 recognizing the VPN lan connection as local only instead of internet.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Old laptop OS -- Windows XP Pro SP2, New -- Windows 7 Pro x64

0 Likes
rel9

I am having the same problem. My Actiontec Router is causing the problem I believe. I receive the errors:

2012/02/06 16:07:20:134    Information    <local host>    An incoming ISAKMP packet from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx was ignored.

2012/02/06 16:07:28:427    Error          205.232.14.234    The peer is not responding to phase 1 ISAKMP requests.

I am pretty sure the problem is with either FIOS or the Actiontec Router. I had no problem accessing the same way two weeks ago and now something has happened. I fear it may be from Installing certain verizon iPhone Apps like FIOS Remote or DVR Manager.

Any help much appreciated. I am trying to access a NSA 3500 at work. Am running Windows 7 & XP and both computers with GVC (Sonicwall Global VPN Client) are having the same problem.

Thanks,

-A

0 Likes
Dry1ce2020

When I click on the links, I get a 404 error page.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes